Orthodontics Dubai for Teens : Braces for Teenagers in Dubai : Teenage Orthodontics in Dubai : Invisalign & Braces For Teens in Dubai UAE.Braces are not what they used to be! Now with more types of braces than ever, it seems like teens are able to skip that awkward smile phase! We understand that teens are busier than ever so we offer a variety of different treatment choices that can align with the busiest of schedules.
At Dubai Orthodontics, we offer comprehensive orthodontic treatment for preteens and teens. Since most teenagers are still growing, the preteen and teen years are often an ideal time for orthodontic treatment. We understand that no two teenagers are the same so no two orthodontic treatments are the same. We offer individualized, affordable orthodontic treatment customized for each teen.
Orthodontics Dubai for Teens
- Metal braces with tons of changeable color options (you name it, we have it!)
- Ceramic, clear braces (with clear or colored ties)
- Invisalign Teen and other types of clear and invisible aligners
- Both fixed and removable retainers after treatment for a smile that lasts a lifetime
- Various types of retainers (both fixed and removable) after you have completed your treatment
At Dubai Orthodontics, we see lots of teenage patients coming in for orthodontic treatment – and not all of them want to be there. That’s ok – we understand it’s nothing to do with us. Rather, having to wear braces when you’re a teenager isn’t really all that cool… until now!
Invisible Braces for Teens
One of the most popular treatment methods we offer our teenage patients is Invisalign Teen. It’s perfectly suited for this age group because the aligners are virtually invisible. This mean it’s not immediately obvious that you’re having treatment. The aligners are made of clear plastic material and look a little bit like thin sports mouthguards. All you need to do is slide them on over your upper and lower teeth and carry on your day as normal. No-one will know you’re having treatment – unless you tell them of course.
What’s more, you can take the aligners out for playing sports or musical instruments, and for eating and brushing your teeth. You just have to make sure you wear them for 22 hours a day for maximum effect. If you don’t, this could prolong your treatment.
Other types of braces
As experienced Invisalign providers, we can treat most cases with this method of treatment, but there are some instances where Invisalign aligners aren’t suitable. If this is the case, we can still straighten your teeth and improve your smile using other types of fixed braces made out of metal or ceramic. But don’t worry. The ‘train track’ look is a thing of the past as braces these days are much smaller and more comfortable to wear.
Invisible Braces for Teens
Orthodontics Dubai for Teens : Braces for Teenagers in Dubai : Teenage Orthodontics in Dubai : Invisalign & Braces For Teens in Dubai UAE. Remember the days when a teenager would smile and you would immediately notice the mouth full of metal braces. Though braces are a necessary evil (at least they can seem evil) for many teens and adults who need their teeth realigned, many people find them to be incredibly embarrassing. So the very dental product meant to improve life is also a source of humiliation for a lot of wearers.
Yes, braces are temporary. Yes, they play an important role in straightening teeth so that a person doesn’t face a lifetime of teeth and gum problems. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t embarrassing and difficult to manage. In fact, metal braces can interfere with your lifestyle if you enjoy playing a band instrument with a mouthpiece or participate in sports activities or even love to eat popcorn.
Metal braces can be painful when they are periodically tightened to force the movement of teeth. Let’s see…anything else your family dentist in Dubai knows about the traditional braces? As a matter of fact she knows it is difficult to keep the metal braces clean. And she knows that they can actually cause self-esteem problems in shy teens at a point in life when self-esteem is evolving.
Appearance and Comfort : Is it any wonder that an esthetically pleasing product like almost invisible braces was developed? The molded clear plastic inserts are worn over the teeth and unless someone is looking for them, the braces are not noticeable. Yet the clear plastic aligners can straighten teeth just as well as the metal braces.
- Fix overbite
- Fix underbite
- Fix crossbite
- Improve smile
- Fixing teeth spacing problem
- Fixing teeth crowding problem
- Improve teeth appearance in general
Though the teen may think the best feature of the plastic teeth aligners is the fact they are clear and don’t affect the teen’s appearance, there are many other reasons why people are choosing them.
- Easy to insert and remove making it much easier to maintain good oral hygiene
- Much more comfortable to wear than metal braces
- Don’t require bands or brackets
- Able to accommodate the growth of new teeth like molars
- Less painful than metal braces because teeth movement is slower and the invisible braces don’t have to be tightened
- Able to participate in sports without fear of injuring the mouth with metal
- Able to play wind musical instruments
- Able to eat favorite foods including popcorn and nuts
The clear braces have been worn or are currently being worn by more than a million teens and adults so they are well tested. Despite the many benefits this type of braces offers, teens simply appreciate the fact they look so natural. When you are at a stage in life when appearance seems to matter so much, things like clear braces take on special importance.
Orthodontics Dubai for Teens : Braces for Teenagers in Dubai : Teenage Orthodontics in Dubai : Invisalign & Braces For Teens in Dubai UAE. The Invisalign Teen treatment program straightens your teeth using a set of custom clear plastic aligners that include a special wear dot. They are practically invisible while still being comfortable to wear. These aligners were developed with the help of experienced orthodontists.
Metal braces are a thing of the past. With the Invisalign technology your dental treatment plan is not advertised to others since the plastic aligners are nearly invisible. The old-fashioned way of frequent adjustments to wire and brackets is no longer required. The aligners are created from an all-digital process that starts by taking pictures of your teeth vs taking clay putty molds. This allows for a more precise implementation of the orthodontists treatment plan by eliminating the inaccuracies of rescanning the clay model.
You no longer have to straighten your teeth the old-fashioned way, with metal braces. The Invisalign Teen system lets you do it the modern, hygienic way. Your new smile is created with the most innovative technology – a series of clear aligners that are custom-fit to your teeth.
Teens should consider the following things when thinking about straightening their teeth.
- The average treatment takes about a year.
- The orthodontist has many options to accommodate your specific situation. You don’t even need all of your teeth to begin treatment.
- The retainers snap on your teeth for easy insertion and removal.
- The retainers themselves are comfortable and nearly invisible.
- The treatment plan can allow for your still growing permanent teeth.
- Like with conventional metal brackets the aligners gently and continuously move your teeth in small increments so as to let the ligaments expand and contract naturally.
- Each pair of upper and lower aligners are worn for about two weeks and then switched for the next set in the series.
- The aligners for the Teen Invisalign product have a blue wear indicator dot that fades after a two week period of wearing the braces. This tells you two things; the first is that you have worn the aligners a sufficient amount of time and the second that it is time to change to the next set of aligners.
- Aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
The aligners are replaceable if you lose them. Each patient gets up to six free individual aligners.
Invisalign Teen is designed to be as simple as possible. Just talk over the fact that you would like to improve your smile by straightening your teeth with you parents. Once you all agree that you would like to find out more, just follow these easy steps:
- Set up a free initial consultation with your orthodontist. They will take digital pictures of your teeth directly with the iTero imaging system.
- Those pictures provide 3D renderings to precisely plan your tooth movements from the beginning to the end of your treatment, in order to fix your orthodontic issue(s).
- Based on the precise treatment plan, aligners will be made to custom-fit your teeth. The number of aligners varies for each person.
- You’ll wear your aligners about 20 to 22 hours every day, except to eat, brush, and floss.
- Each treatment plan varies but, approximately every two weeks, you’ll swap your old aligners for new ones.